Monday, March 10, 2008

From the Archives of the Russian Revolution

Below is a letter from the historical archives during the period of Communist Revolution (1917-1923) in the former Russian Empire, believed written roughly around 1918 by a member of the Red forces:

I wish to offer my condolences to you over the death of your kin, Georgy Zhukov. He was a comrade who fought for the people, the Rodina, and Lenin against Tsarist and Bourgeois forces who would wish to keep the proletariat forever in shackles. He was a strong man willing to sacrifice all for the cause and he is to be respected and remembered. He died due to an outbreak of typhus here at the front; an ignoble end to a noble man. Before his passing, he asked me to send this letter that you might know his fate. I want you to know I will carry on the fight in his name.

No comments: